Right alongside your resume, the cover letter is one of the most important parts of putting together a successful search for jobs. Your cover letter is intended to get employers interested in you. Communicate why you are the best fit for the opening while showing what sets you apart from the competition. The following professional detailer cover letter sample and writing guide will help you get started on writing a cover letter that will represent you well and make you appealing to readers.
Professional Detailer Cover Letter Sample
Create Cover LetterCustomize Cover Letter
Detailer Cover Letter Must-Haves
As you saw in the above professional detailer cover letter sample, one of the best writing practices is to make specific references to the job posting. This will communicate that you are interested in this opening specifically and that you do not have a generic cover letter that you send with every application. You should keep your letter brief, perhaps five paragraphs or less, and make it clear that you are highly qualified and excited to begin working. You can ensure your letter with be in the right style by matching the tone of the job description. Conclude your cover letter by thanking the reader for their time and state you are excited for the possibility of being hired.
Best Action Verbs for a Detailer Cover Letter
This professional detailer cover letter sample demonstrates how strong your cover letter can become by including relevant action verbs, such as assemble, construct, design, determine, fortify, remodel, repair, restore, and upgrade.
Cover Letter Text
Dear Mr. Wilder,
I believe my experience working in the auto maintenance field has prepared me to thrive in your posted detailer job opening. I am confident that I have the skills required to complete the responsibilities and would be ready to immediately apply these abilities to the position.I began working in vehicle maintenance nearly four years ago in a simple cleaning and detailing position. I was responsible for designing a maintenance plan and restoring any damages, which are both duties listed in your job description. At this point, I have totally mastered these tasks and can now perform them quickly and effectively 100 percent of the time. After working in this field for two years, I moved to a more advanced position and began working with vehicles of all kinds, including boats, yachts, and RVs, giving me a well-rounded set of skills. I am now capable of doing remodels, repairs, and upgrades. Your job description mentions a desire for an attention to detail, which is what I attribute my success to in this field. If hired, I will be able to apply the same results-driven and self-motivated approach to detail work that had driven my extensive career.I look forward to the opportunity to discuss this position with you further. I greatly appreciate all the time and consideration that you have given me so far.
Car Detailer Resume Samples
Car Detailers make cars look neat and clean both inside and out through the use of a variety of cleaning equipment and products. Responsibilities shown on example resumes in this field include cleaning the interior and exterior of vehicles by hand with brushes and other relevant equipment; polishing vehicles and drying their exterior, windshields, windows, and mats; and verifying that the proper stickers and plates are attached to a vehicle. Sample resumes show that a minimum of a high school diploma is necessary for this position, but some students may opt to enroll in postsecondary programs in automotive service technology.
Looking for job listings? Check out our Car Detailer Jobs page.
Utilized cleaning equipment such as vacuums, steam cleaners, machine buffers, shampoo machine and treatments such as waxes, solvents and leather care oils to successfully complete on the job tasks.
- Used good communication and customer service skills in order to determine the desired service of the customer.
- Collaborated with co-workers to complete various task to ensure 100 percent customer satisfaction.
- Provided fast, personalized and sufficient service to all customers.
- Increased sale numbers by 15 percent by promoting and selling extra service to customers.
Applied paints, dyes, polishes, conditioners, waxes, and masking materials to vehicles to preserve, protect, or restore
color or condition.
- Maintained inventories of supplies using a color coating system.
- Drove vehicles to and from workshops or customers' workplaces or homes.
- Worked with the manager and team to prepare cars to be ready for sale.
- Used communication skills to complete tasks in a quick and orderly manner by following a set agenda.
- Interacted with 10 or more customers on a daily basis.
2013 Auto Detailer
- Clean interior and exterior with hand, brushes and other relevant equipment
- Polish vehicle and dry exterior, windshields, windows and mats
- Vacuum interior and add air fresheners
- Verify proper stickers and plates
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies
- Park and arrange vehicles for display and sale
Take care of the listing related to cleaning supplies
- Proper parking and arrangement of cars for display or subsequent sale
- Cleaning the interiors by using a vacuum cleaner and adding the air freshener
- Polish the car and applying maintenance standards on portions like mats, windows, and windshield.
- Clean the car both externally and internally by hand or the use of equipment's like brushes.
- Received payment from the work performed on the vehicles.
- Used my selling tactics and knowledge of products to make sells.
- Cleaned interior and exterior of car with hand, brushes and other relevant materials.
- Polished vehicles and dry exterior, windshields, windows and mats.
- Vacuumed interior and added air fresheners as requested by clients.
- Verified proper stickers and plates were attached to the vehicle.
- Maintained inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Parked and arranged vehicles for display.
- Properly clean interior and exterior of vehicles with attention to detail to satisfy customer needs
- Help maintain the value and appearance of vehicle
- Be a part of a team in order to efficiently clean customers vehicles throughout the day
Uses various types of cleaning equipment and solutions.
- Details vehicles according to customer's specific instructions.
- Shampoos carpets and upholstery.
- Cleans all trash, debris, and dirt from the interior from the vehicle.
Professional Car Detailer
- Detailed inside and outside of automobiles.
- Cleaned the body shop (Bathrooms, offices, etc.)
- Disposed of car parts and cardboard.
- Preformed car maintenance wherever needed.
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.