4 months ago .
This is for the first time IBPS has introduced the descriptive paper in the IBPS PO Mains examination. The descriptive paper will test your Letter & Essay Writing skills. This IBPS PO Descriptive paper will take place immediately after the Objective Mains test. It will consist of 25 marks and you will be given 30 minutes. You have to qualify this descriptive paper in order to go through the next stage i.e Interview. So, it becomes very important that you practice different topics for Essay & Letter Writing. Read this article to get the list of Descriptive Paper Topics expected to be asked in IBPS PO Mains 2017 Exam. You can boost your exam preparation for Mains objective Exam by attempting IBPS PO MainsMock Test.
Download this as PDF
Let’s have a look on the exam pattern of Descriptive Paper for IBPS PO Mains 2017, before going into the detailed of the topics of Descriptive Paper.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2017 – Descriptive Paper
Check out the detailed IBPS PO Mains Syllabus & Exam pattern here:
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus & Exam Pattern
List of Descriptive Paper Topics – Essay Writing
- One Year of Demonetization.
- Alarming level of Pollution in Delhi.
- Gender Inequality at Work Place.
- Are Offshore Investments Illegal?
- Pros & Cons of PSU’s Banks Merger.
- Privatization of Government Sector.
- Who will help Rohingya? OR What happened to Rohingya fair?
- Did Demonetization eradicate Black Money?
- Current Status of Indian Economy.
- GST Impact – Cheaper or Costlier?
- Digital India Reality or Myth?
- When will the Indian Women be Safe?
- Are Online Modes of Transaction Safe?
- Are Reservations for Lower Class Fair?
- Role of Agriculture in Development of India.
- Could India become Superpower until the year 2030?
- Roots of Corruption in India.
- Global Warming and its Impact.
- Will War between America & North Korea lead to World War III?
- How can we Stop Cyber Crime.
- What is the problem with Feminism?
- Religious or Spiritual, What do you think you are?
- Explain this statement. ”Travelling teaches us more than Books and Documentaries”.
- How people of today are technologically advanced than the previous generation but technological advancement pose serious threats. Do you agree? Explain.
- What is the Ecological impact of increasing population and vehicles, when, Land is inelastic but population and vehicles are increasing?
List of Descriptive Paper Topics – Letter Writing
- Write a letter to All India Boxing Association to complain against lack of basic facilities to the players.
- Write a letter to City Cricket Association to demand Cricket Stadium.
- Write a letter to your daughter to congratulate her for her Academic Success.
- Write a letter to Hostel Committee to complain about the condition of food.
- Write a letter to your Office to complain about your monthly pension not being deposited yet.
- Write a letter to your cousin who tried to attempt suicide.
- Write a letter to your elder brother asking him to guide you in making the career choice.
- Write a letter to author praising his book on stress and anxiety.
- Write a letter to the editor, telling regarding posting and forwarding of unscrupulous messages without considering the consequences.
- Write a letter to Bank Manager about some money not being credited to account through ATM, giving detail of place and time.
- Write a complaint letter to Online Shopping Company regarding receiving damaged goods.
- Write a letter to Bank Manager for reissuing the ATM Card.
Important Points to Remember
- Essay would be asked for 15 marks and Letter for 10 marks.
- The title of the Essay should be catchy and appropriate.
- The matter you write should be grammatically sound.
- Avoid overwriting.
- Avoid spelling mistakes
- Be neutral while conveying thoughts.
- Conclude the Essay and Letter properly.
Brush up your preparation by practicing these topics. But, before you begin practicing, check the Essay Samples and Previous Years’ Descriptive Topics given below and improve your exam preparation.
Essay Topics asked in SBI PO Descriptive PaperImpact of Social Media on Indian Society Essay on Women Empowerment in India
For your descriptive paper preparation, you can participate in the contest & get to know your performance.
Participate in IBPS PO Descriptive Paper Contest!
(Essay & Letter Writing)
10 months ago .
The SBI PO Mains exam is right around the corner. And after the Mains Paper comes the Descriptive Test. The Descriptive Test is a 30 minute long paper worth 25 mark. You must have prepared your syllabus for the Mains paper by now. Hopefully, though, you haven’t been neglecting the practise for your SBI PO 2017 Descriptive Paper. In any case, here are a few expected Essay Topics for SBI PO Descriptive Paper 2017. These Expected Essay Topics for SBI PO Descriptive Paper will help you streamline your preparation.
Download this as PDF
The Descriptive Paper will test you on both your Essay Writing and Letter Writing skills. You will have about 15 minutes to write your essay. It will be administered to you directly after the Mains Paper. You will have to type out your Essay and Letter directly on to the computer. So make sure you are proficient with computers.
Before You Start with these SBI PO Essay Topics
Given below are a few expected essay topics for SBI PO Descriptive paper 2016. These are, therefore, topics that you can expect to encounter in the exam. Take a look at these articles before you start off with these topics, however.
Previous Years' Essay Topics in SBI PO Descriptive Paper
SBI PO Essay Tips for 2017 Descriptive Paper
Sample Essays for SBI PO Descriptive Paper - Part I
Sample Essays for SBI PO Descriptive Paper - Part II
Reasons Why SBI PO Descriptive Paper is Easy
Expected Essay Topics for SBI PO Descriptive Paper 2017
- Impact and Scope of GST Bill in India.
- Demonetization and its Consequences.
- The bane of NPAs in the country.
- The Current Picture of Women Empowerment in India.
- Gauge the Success of Swatchh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Ambit and Expansion of Aadhaar Card’s Scope in India.
- Consolidation of Small Banks and their Implications on Work Force.
- Can RTI eradicate corruption? If yes, then why did so many major scams take place in the past years?
- Do you think decentralization is better than centralization? If yes, then explain how.
- Do political parties have a role to play in communal riots? If yes then explain how can this be controlled?
- Reservation: A Social Boon or Bane?
- Evaluate the impact of Multi-brand retail on Indian economy.
- Comment on direct and indirect benefits of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to companies.
- Explain how affordable and quality education can help in nation building.
- Why do private banks reap more profit ratio than public sector banks?
- Assess the role of sports activities on the economy of a country.
- Discuss OROP and its feasibility.
- What is the best way for the country to be rid of the menace of sexual harassment of women?
Once you finish preparing these topics thoroughly, check out these topics from previous years’ SBI PO Mains exam along with sample essays to get a more accurate picture of the exam.