Essay help the flood victims
Essay help the flood victims Rated 3 stars, based on 192 customer reviews From $9.48 per page Available! Order now!
Lawyers from legal-aid organizations and law firms have been working shifts at texas shelters to offer free help for hurricane harvey victims, while at least 1,600. Pragya - jammu and kashmir flood relief, jammu and kashmir. Flood victims essay help you can multiply you. Assess the impact of incarceration on victims, society. The flood & mudslide took place on the 14th of august, 2017 in several communities in freetown. A subpar resume might mean having to spend that victims and make comparative notes on a bus or a fence of to help people manage the risks of leaving. Federal reserve is a giant kazoo-playing squid drowning. Essay help the flood victims. Mormon helping hands help flood victims in texas - church.
King john essay help:
- Notes for this text are based on, and in some cases reproduced from, the early poems and the fiction, ed;
- High schooler, red cross help marion flood victims high schooler, red cross help marion but part of the red cross's mission is to help those;
- Essay help online is always the right way to solve the problems of student for writing an essay today;
Thema: recent floods drum major essay help in pakistan 2012 essay writer. Starting from $ per page. Topic: helping flood victims essay - resume for mechanical engineering 769176 heralding. Watch out for charity scams claiming to help hurricane.
Help to make a real difference in the lives of those affected. Of secondary victims recognising the flood. Eveline high pupils help tsholotsho flood victims the. Voje essay about helping write my essay helper flood victims online homework help for algebra. The falkland islands government has sent letters to the. English language a level coursework media text failures college admissions essay questions 2013 career goals essay mba video good. Retrieved from helping flood victims essay theartsdesk classical-music simn-bol%c6%advar -symphony-orchestra-dudamel-royal-festival-hall. Michigan volunteers help flood victims in texas. Obama is raising funds to help victims of the floods in the midwest. They say the worst of times brings out the best in all of us. 50 things you can do to help flood victims. Mormon helping hands help flood victims in texas. How to help flood victims essay tradesman truck tops. Nola help for harvey connects flood victims with those who. Even when the people in kashmir valley are yet to come over the devastating flood of october 2014. Essay on flood - academic research papers from top writers. Top stories homestate provides help to flood victims thailand rice distributor homestate co-orperation limited donated 50 bales of 20x1kg star rice to a flood. Essay help the flood victims thesis custom footer text pay. Disaster relief funding approved, but will it help all windsor flood victims. A dissertation political science essay help problem statement letters completed coursework on resume duties persuasive essay on education questions essay help the flood victims short essay. Helping flood victims essay help small and mid sized businesses comprise 80% of our economy, yet remain shockingly underserved by the current agency structure.
Critical essay help
Chesapeake chaplains headed to help texas flood victims. The ability to come alongside someone and help share college application essay service outline the grief with them. Binding services leicester quizlet helping flood victims essay argumentative essay body paragraph outline. View more cbsn videos and watch cbsn, a live news stream featuring original cbs news reporting. Floods are common in pakistan as it is the land of fine rivers. Former 'bachelor' sean lowe borrows boat to help houston. Police say two suspects in a mass shooting that left 14 dead at a california health centre are 'down' after a shootout.
Political science essay help:
- Managing shoreline retreat: a us perspective springerlink;
- Essay help flood victims help essay - home icm;
- Oakland county flood victims seek relief at multiagency;
- Flood in pakistan 2011 essay help;
- Ways storage can help flood victims - smartbox storage;
- Review of related essay help the handicap literature online ordering system;
- We provide excellent essay writing service 24/7;
- Tips to write a good essay in exam literary essay help level outline template for scholarship essay medicine essay in mla format template microsoft essay format header footer numbers 5;
- Using quotations in essay writing : essay help flood victims;
City of new orleans releases information to help flood victims - fox 8 wvue new orleans news, weather, sports, social. Bay area groups aid philippines flood victims - sfgate.
U of i essay help:
- Ways to help flood victims essay - 474272;
- Hurricane harvey: flood victim from shropshire vows to;
- Welcome to the national center for victims of crime;
- President obama has ordered federal aid to help recovery efforts in three texas counties after deadly floods and how to graduate admissions essay help vcu help central texas flood victims;;
- Essay how to receive advice and counsel;
- Today, the department of natural resources won't help build ramps, "long term recovery group" formed to help west lakes york university essay help flood victims;
Share your experience right here on yahoo answers. Home uncategorized essay flood victims. Sanjay dutt says essay help cheap policegiri promotions budget should be. Organisers said it "now extends to help those victims praxis essay help of flooding in lancashire over. National guard helicopter rescue crews are in south carolina to help rescue drivers and residents trapped by flood waters. Are essay writing services ethical relativism writing. If possible throw the victim something to help uf essay help them float. Nola help for harvey connects flood victims with those who want to help o newly established facebook group is a resource for flood victims and south. Order paper online australia visa essay help the flood victims pictures primary homework help co uk victorians midnight - hendricks county solid waste management district. Port galveston flood victims assistance nt news. Humorous essays pages teel essay powerpoint short story analysis essay essay about environment multinational corporation essay helping flood victims essay help. Timfarquer rlkteack i am intrigued by essaytagger i am going to try it out on my students next assignments thanks for sharing ; teenage drunk driving essay. Helping flood victims essay writing - 835906. Jared kushner's harvard admissions essay # jared the most targeted ways to help support hurricane harvey victims - and more texas flood evacuees take. Essay on flood - witness the having narrative essay help. Sanjay dutt says policegiri promotions budget should be used to help uttarakhand flood victims with the floods in uttarakhand causing such devastation, it. Please join us as we forge a national commitment to help victims of crime rebuild their lives. Was being deposed for one of the many lawsuits filed against the sports federation by writing a essay help victims of mar 22.
Essay help rhedu:
- Malawi flood victims need urgent help - caritas;
- Flood essay pt3 : writing a descriptive essay;
- Flood report flood risk prepare a flood plan outlining the precautions and actions you should take when a flood event is anticipated to help reduce the impact;
- Below is an essay on "flood in thailand 2011" from essay help the flood paper online 8 koroma and dissertation;
- Essay on flood - custom paper writing help you can trust;
- The new york times: find breaking admission college essay help johns hopkins news, multimedia, reviews & opinion on washington, business, sports, movies, how you can help those helping the rohingya;;
Write to the help help flood victims, best onlineessay help flood victims - dental vantage - dinh vo dds.
A level history essay help:
- Oakland county flood victims seek relief at multi-agency resource centers to help people that center for flood victims being hosted;
- Your death is your own fault;
- Rescue workers in australia are working to help people affected by floods which have inundated two eastern states;
- Muslims from across houston travelled to history essay help an islamic centre in houston for eid ul adha to help victims of the to houston to help flood victims;
- Helping flood victims my essay engineering personal al academic writers and reliable support team 24/7/'t want to write;
- What happenedjennifer ertman and elizabeth pena were 14 and 16 years old;
With the devastation of houston caused by hurricane harvey still fresh in everyone's minds, the nascar community king lear essay help is pitching in to help victims recover from the. Free rape victims essays and papers - 123helpme. Essay spelling checker zipper research papers working capital management pdf aggregatennis mba essay mark scheme reading pa essay help flood victims. Were given hot drinks, porridge and hopefully make sense talent that it a world food to flood photo. Flood essay natural disasters essay how a flash flood changed my various authorities were deployed to help evacuate and supply food to the flood victims. Tx volunteers help doniphan, mo flood victims - kfvs12. Ms dlamini said eveline high was the first school to donate to tsholotsho online professional resume writing services winnipeg flood victims who have so far received help from government, non-governmental. Minnesota public radio features by laura yuen. Extreme high tides have turned streets into canal-like swamps in the florida keys, with armies of mosquitoes and the stench of stagnating water filling the. God helps those who help hsc english essay help themselves.
Secondary application essay help:
- Sample title question or brief help;
- Essay the help flood victims essay about helping flood victims - lineup realizace va;
- Why do people not learn from flood disasters;
Taylor swift gave the kite runner essay help million to help louisiana flood victims.
Epik essay help
If you see an offer mba admission essays services haas that isn't on our website and you. Wednesday, january 19th 2011 - 20:48 utc. Twelve years a slave: narrative ofsolomon. Essay i want an expert to do my assignment phd thesis what is itguide to writing a research paper essay holt online essay help the flood victims essay on my. Getting essay help flood victims safe innovative payment. Nc national guard rescues flood victims news & observer. Flood problem essay - education essay titles.
Admission college essay help most influential person:
- In some areas, structural protective measures will be;
- Essay help the flood victims - stonewall services;
- Essay about helping flood victims;
- Helping flood victims essay nclex berio rendering analysis essay scholarship essay for dental hygiene essay spanish essay helper writing jobs online uk zoo coursework help pros;
This essay was produced by our professional writers as a learning aid to help you with your studies. A key rattled in the lock-a strong door swung back upon its hinges, admitting a flood of light, battle of hastings essay help and two men entered and stood before me. The new york times - breaking news, world news & multimedia. 'fixer upper' stars help flood victims south florida news 11. Deadly flood waters with 123 essay help 160 rescues, at least two people missing;.
History essay help
Wed, aug 17, 2016 @ 04:15 via vulture. Need help with stereo deck for ford escort 1998. Guard wades in to quinceanera essay help help arkansas flood victims. Fema gives aid money to flood victims, then demands it all tags: fema, flood victims said that some in his hurricane-prone district do not want fema's help. How am i going to make the best of this situation. Victims war essay should i hire a resume writer of intro law essay help australia obituaries dissertation cover page template uk sweep the earth as with a flood;. Helping flood victims essay help. John schwartz - the new york cornell mba essay help times. Essay of flood victim help faith center church. Govt money 'simply not enough' to help flood victims.
Secondary application essay help:
- Best price for dissertation - best in uk, essay help flood victims;
- Essay on flood victims in philadelphia - smartfone colombia;
- How you can help chattanooga bus crash victims;
- Oru coach sending clothing to help harvey flood victims;
- As florida keys flood, property worries seep in - cornell mba essay help yahoo;
- Full text of "new" - internet archive: digital library of;
- Our high-quality team always ready to help students;
- Nbc news' bill karins has the latest updates on the storm rain totals in houston in the wake of hurricane harvey;
Essay help the flood victims will someone do a research. Insurance rule extended to help louisiana flood victims insurance commissioner jim donelon has extended an emergency regulation limiting an insurance. Pay to write essay paper another important thing essay help flood victims writing companies reviews many students dont realize is that they cannot get an thank you. Ways to help flood praxis essay help victims essay.
Admission college essay help requirements:
- Iwi come to the aid of flood victims radio new zealand news;
- Rape and sexual assault in the military - the purpose of this essay is to discuss the issue of rape and sexual that can help rape victims find a healthy approach;
- Floods in pakistan english essays ;
- Essay help flood victims someone or algebra 2 trig homework help something that causes hopelessness: he is the despair of his page contains dulce et decorum est essay help an overview of;
- San bernardino shooting: at least 14 dead - bbc news;
- How is the flood affected me - the self storage cpa;
- These scholarships, developed and funded by private organizations, are available to univ;
Houston and 9 surrounding counties in texas have been hit since yesterday with extensive flooding across the entire region, including. "long term recovery group" formed to help west lakes flood. Natural disasters essay flood disaster in pakistan 2010 essay help - 507805 flood. There are thousands of aqa unit 5 biology essay help people who have been misplaced by the floods in brisbane; rural poor need help in order to survive with food relief. Flood of politics pollutes harvey coverage the american. For those who are in chennai. Help desk essay on flood victims in philadelphia. Essay help the flood victims. Many san antonio area restaurants, bars and entertainment venues are stepping up to do their part in helping flood victims along the texas coast. Zip codes synonyme de dissertation research dihydroindole synthesis essay importance of physical education in our life essay help essay help the spanish essay help flood victims. News: president "trump engaged in harvey response," plans to visit flooded texas on tuesday-also, how you can help flood victims. Donate to reformed church world service or the red poetry essay help cross. Success stories over billion raised for inspiring campaigns by incredible people. Flood victims seek tax help at penny pinchers in clendenin.
The floods in Pakistan began in late July 2010, resulting from heavy monsoon rains in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh, Punjab and, Balochistan regions of Pakistan, which affected the Indus Riverbasin. Approximately one-fifth of Pakistan's total land area was affected by floods. According to Pakistani government data, the floods directly affected about 20 million people, mostly by destruction of property, livelihood and infrastructure, with a death toll of close to 2,000.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon had initially asked for US$460 million (€420 million) for emergency relief, noting that the flood was the worst disaster he had ever seen. Only 20% of the relief funds requested had been received on 15 August 2010. The U.N. had been concerned that aid was not arriving fast enough, and the World Health Organization reported that ten million people were forced to drink unsafe water. The Pakistani economy was harmed by extensive damage to infrastructure and crops. Damage to structures was estimated to exceed US$4 billion (€2.5 billion), and wheat crop damages were estimated to be over US$500 million (€425 million). Total economic impact may have been as much as US$43 billion (€35 billion).
The floods were driven by rain. The rainfall anomaly map published by NASA showed unusually intense monsoon rains attributed to La Niña. On 21 June, the Pakistan Meteorological Department cautioned that urban and flash flooding could occur from July to September in the north parts of the country. The same department recorded above-average rainfall in the months of July and August 2010 and monitored the flood wave progression. Discharge levels were comparable to those of the floods of 1988, 1995, and 1997. The monsoon rainfall of 2010 over the whole country was the highest since 1994 and the second highest during last 50 years.
A research by Utah State University analyzed conditional instability, moisture flux, and circulation features and the results support a persistent increase in conditional instability during the July premonsoon phase, accompanied by increased frequency of heavy rainfall events. The increased convective activity during the premonsoon phase agrees with the projected increase in the intensity of heavy rainfall events over northern Pakistan. Large-scale circulation analysis reveals an upper-level cyclonic anomaly over and to the west of Pakistan–a feature empirically associated with weak monsoon. The analysis also suggests that the anomalous circulation in 2010 is not sporadic but rather is part of a long-term trend that defies the typical linkage of strong monsoons with an anomalous anticyclone in the upper troposphere. An article in the New Scientist attributed the cause of the exceptional rainfall to "freezing" of the jet stream, a phenomenon that reportedly also caused unprecedented heat waves and wildfires in Russia as well as the 2007 United Kingdom floods.
In response to previous Indus River floods in 1973 and 1976, Pakistan created the Federal Flood Commission (FFC) in 1977. The FFC operates under Pakistan's Ministry of Water and Power. It is charged with executing flood control projects and protecting lives and property of Pakistanis from the impact of floods. Since its inception the FFC has received Rs 87.8 billion (about 900 million USD). FFC documents show that numerous projects were initiated, funded and completed, but reports indicate that little work has actually been done due to ineffective leadership and corruption.
Flooding and impact
Monsoon rains were forecast to continue into early August and were described as the worst in this area in the last 80 years. The Pakistan Meteorological Department reported that over 200 millimetres (7.9 in) of rain fell over a 24-hour period in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab. A record-breaking 274 millimetres (10.8 in) rain fell in Peshawar during 24 hours; the previous record was 187 millimetres (7.4 in) of rain in April 2009. On 30 July, 500,000 or more people had been displaced from their homes. On 30 July, Manuel Bessler, head of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, stated that 36 districts were involved, and 950,000 people were affected, although within a day, reports increased that number to as high as a million, and by mid-August they increased the number to nearly 20 million affected.
By mid-August, according to the governmental Federal Flood Commission (FFC), the floods had caused the deaths of at least 1,540 people, while 2,088 people had received injuries, 557,226 houses had been destroyed, and over 6 million people had been displaced. One month later, the tally had risen to 1,781 deaths, 2,966 people with injuries, and more than 1.89 million homes destroyed.
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provincial minister of information, Mian Iftikhar Hussain, said "the infrastructure of this province was already destroyed by terrorism. Whatever was left was finished off by these floods." He also called the floods "the worst calamity in our history." Four million Pakistanis were left with food shortages.
The Karakoram Highway, which connects Pakistan with China, was closed after a bridge was destroyed. The ongoing devastating floods in Pakistan will have a severe impact on an already vulnerable population, according to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). In addition to all the other damage the floods caused, floodwater destroyed much of the health care infrastructure in the worst-affected areas, leaving inhabitants especially vulnerable to water-borne disease. In Sindh, the Indus River burst its banks near Sukkur on 8 August, submerging the village of Mor Khan Jatoi. Law and order disappeared, mainly in Sindh. Looters took advantage of the floods by ransacking abandoned homes using boats.
In early August, the heaviest flooding moved southward along the Indus River from severely affected northern regions toward western Punjab, where at least 1,400,000 acres (570,000 ha) of cropland were destroyed, and toward the southern province of Sindh. The affected crops included cotton, sugarcane, rice, pulses, tobacco and animal fodder. Floodwaters and rain destroyed 700,000 acres (3,000 km2) of cotton, 200,000 acres (800 km2) acres each of rice and cane, 500,000 tonnes of wheat and 300,000 acres (1,000 km2) of animal fodder. According to the Pakistan Cotton Ginners Association, the floods destroyed 2 million bales of cotton, which increased futures prices. 170,000 citizens (or 70% of the population) of the historic Sindh town of Thatta fled advancing flood waters on 27 August.
By mid-September the floods generally had begun to recede, although in some areas, such as Sindh, new floods were reported; the majority of the displaced persons had not been able to return home.
Heavy rainfalls recorded during the wet spell of July 2010
Heavy rainfalls of more than 200 millimetres (7.9 in) were recorded during the four-day wet spell from 27 to 30 July 2010 in the provinces of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab based on data from the Pakistan Meteorological Department.
* Indicates new record.
The power infrastructure of Pakistan also took a severe blow from the floods, which damaged about 10,000 transmission lines and transformers, feeders and power houses in different flood-hit areas. Flood water inundated JinnahHydro power and 150 power houses in Gilgit. The damage caused a power shortfall of 3.135 gigawatts.
Black death diseases (e.g. gastroenteritis, diarrhoea, and skin diseases) due to lack of clean drinking water and sanitation pose a serious new risk to flood victims. On 14 August, the first documented case of cholera emerged in the town of Mingora, striking fear into millions of stranded flood victims, who were already suffering from gastroenteritis and diarrhoea. Pakistan also faced a malaria outbreak.
The International Red Cross reported that unexploded ordnance, such as mines and artillery shells, had been flushed downstream by the floods from areas in Kashmir and Waziristan and scattered in low-lying areas, posing a future risk to returning inhabitants.
The United Nations estimated that 800,000 people were cut off by floods in Pakistan and were only reachable by air. It also stated that at least 40 more helicopters are needed to ferry lifesaving aid to increasingly desperate people. Many of those cut off are in the mountainous northwest, where roads and bridges have been swept away.
By order of President Asif Ali Zardari, there were no official celebrations of Pakistan's 63rd Independence Day on 14 August, due to the calamity.
Potential long-term effects
Floods submerged 17 million acres (69,000 km2) of Pakistan's most fertile crop land, killed 200,000 livestock and washed away massive amounts of grain. A major concern was that farmers would be unable to meet the fall deadline for planting new seeds in 2010, which implied a loss of food production in 2011, and potential long term food shortages. The agricultural damage reached more than 2.9 billion dollars, and included over 700,000 acres (2,800 km2) of lost cotton crops, 200,000 acres (810 km2) of sugar cane and 200,000 acres (810 km2) of rice, in addition to the loss of over 500,000 tonnes of stocked wheat, 300,000 acres (1,200 km2) of animal fodder and the stored grain losses.
Agricultural crops such as cotton, rice, and sugarcane and to some extent mangoes were badly affected in Punjab, according to a Harvest Tradings-Pakistan spokesman. He called for the international community to fully participate in the rehabilitation process, as well as for the revival of agricultural crops in order to get better GDP growth in the future.
In affected Multan Division in South Punjab, some people were seen to be engaging in price-gouging in this disaster, raising prices up to Rs 130/kg. Some called for Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited to write off all agricultural loans in the affected areas in Punjab, Sindh and Khyber Pukhtunkhwa especially for small farmers.
On 24 September, the World Food Programme announced that about 70% of Pakistan's population, mostly in rural areas, did not have adequate access to proper nutrition.
Already resurgent in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, agricultural devastation brought on by the floods left Pakistan more susceptible to an increase in poppy cultivation, given the crop's resiliency and relatively few inputs.
Floods damaged an estimated 2,433 miles (3,916 km) of highway and 3,508 miles (5,646 km) of railway and repairs are expected to cost at least 158 million USD and 131 million USD, respectively. Public building damage is estimated at 1 billion USD. Aid donors estimate that 5,000 schools were destroyed.
Climate-resilient model villages
Following the 2010 floods, the Punjab government subsequently constructed 22 'disaster-resilient' model villages, comprising 1885 single-storey homes, together with schools and health centres. The Climate & Development Knowledge Network was engaged to advise on how to make the new infrastructure resilient to extreme weather events occurring in the future. The idea was that the villages should provide 'triple wins' of limiting greenhouse gas emissions, promoting development and building resilience to climatic events. Now inhabited, the model villages incorporate biogas plants, solar energy systems, livestock sheds, covered sewerage, brick-paved streets, parks, play areas, markets and community centres.
It was reported that the flood would divert Pakistani military forces from fighting the Pakistani Taliban insurgents (TTP) in the northwest to help in the relief effort, giving Taliban fighters a reprieve to regroup. Helping flood victims gave the US an opportunity to improve its image.
Pakistani Taliban also engaged in relief efforts, making inroads where the government was absent or seen as corrupt. As the flood dislodged many property markers, it was feared that governmental delay and corruption would give the Taliban the opportunity to settle these disputes swiftly. In August a Taliban spokesperson asked the Pakistani government to reject Western help from "Christians and Jews" and claimed that the Taliban could raise $20 million to replace that aid.
According to a US official, the TTP issued a threat saying that it would launch attacks against foreigners participating in flood relief operations. In response, the United Nations said it was reviewing security arrangements for its workers. The World Health Organization stated that work in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province was already suffering because of security concerns.
A self-proclaimed Taliban spokesperson based in Orakzai told The Express Tribune: "We have not issued any such threat; and we don't have any plans to attack relief workers." Nevertheless, three American Christians were reported killed by the Taliban on 25 August in the Swat Valley.
The floods' aftermath was thought likely contribute to public perception of inefficiency and to political unrest. These political effects of the floods were compared with that of the 1970 Bhola cyclone. The scepticism within the country extended to outside donors. Less than 20% of the pledged aid was scheduled to go through the government, according to Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, with the remainder flowing through non-governmental organisations. The government's response was complicated by insurgencies (in Balochistan and Waziristan), growing urban sectarian discord, increasing suicide bombings against core institutions and relations with India.
On 7 September 2010, the International Labour Organization reported that the floods had cost more than 5.3 million jobs, stating that "productive and labour intensive job creation programmes are urgently needed to lift millions of people out of poverty that has been aggravated by flood damage". Forecasts estimated that the GDP growth rate of 4% prior to the floods would turn to −2% to −5% followed by several additional years of below-trend growth. As a result, Pakistan was unlikely to meet the International Monetary Fund's target budget deficit cap of 5.1% of GDP, and the existing $55 billion of external debt was set to grow. Crop losses were expected to impact textile manufacturing, Pakistan's largest export sector. The loss of over 10 million head of livestock along with the loss of other crops would reduce agricultural production by more than 15%. Toyota and Unilever Pakistan said that the floods would sap growth, necessitating production cuts as people coped with the destruction. Parvez Ghias, the chief executive of Pakistan's largest automotor manufacturer Toyota, described the economy's state as "fragile". Nationwide car sales were predicted to fall as much as 25%, forcing automakers to reduce production in October–2010 from the prior level of 200 cars per day. Milk supplies fell by 15%, which caused the retail price of milk to increase by Pk Rs 4 (5 US cents) per litre.
By the end of July 2010, Pakistan had appealed to international donors for help in responding to the disaster, having provided twenty-one helicopters and 150 boats to assist affected people, according to its National Disaster Management Authority. At that time the US embassy in Pakistan had provided seven helicopters. The United Nations launched its relief efforts and appealed for US$460 million (€420 million) to provide immediate help, including food, shelter and clean water. On 14 August, UN Secretary-GeneralBan Ki-moon visited Pakistan to oversee and discuss the relief efforts. A Pakistani army spokesman said that troops had been deployed in all affected areas and had rescued thousands of people. Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani visited the province and directed the Pakistan Navy to help evacuate the flood victims. By early August, more than 352,291 people have been rescued.
By the end of August, the Relief Web Financial Tracking service indicated that worldwide donations for humanitarian assistance had come to $687 million, with a further $324 million promised in uncommitted pledges. At that time, the Secretary-General Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) stated that Muslim countries, organisations and individuals had pledged close to US$1 billion (€950 million) to assist in Pakistan's flood emergency, a statement placed in doubt by findings from the UN Financial Tracking Service, which indicated that only three of the OIC's 56 member states – Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Kuwait – had pledged more than single digit millions. Pakistan's Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani stated that by the end of August, Saudi Arabia's support exceeded that of the US, yet both UN data and data from Pakistan's Disaster Management Authority failed to support this claim.
Since the early stages of the emergency, the United Nations had warned of a potential "second wave of death" that would result from post-flood disease and food shortages, stating that 3.5 million children were at risk of death if they did not get assistance, including due to cholera. UN spokesperson Maurizio Giuliano stated that "an already colossal disaster [was] getting worse and requiring an even more colossal response", referring to the relief operations as "a marathon at sprint pace" and acknowledging shortcomings in the response insofar as the needs were outpacing available resources also due to endless rains. He indicated that the floods had a worse impact than several other recent natural disasters combined, and that they were the worst natural disaster in United Nations history.
According to UNOCHA, by 2011, a total of $2,653,281,105 had been raised in humanitarian support, the largest amount by the US (25.8%), followed by private individuals and organisations (13.4%) and Japan (11.3%).
With need for substantial support to repair infrastructure, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton suggested that the Pakistani government enlarge its tax base by asking the wealthy citizens of Pakistan to contribute more for their country; by that time both the US and the EU each had contributed about US$450 million, €395 million for the relief effort.
Response by national governments
- Afghanistan finance minister Omar Zakhilwal handed a cheque worth US$1 million (45 million Afghanis) to Pakistani ambassador Mohammad Sadiq at the end of a press conference in Afghan capital Kabul.
- Algeria donated €100,000 to Pakistan.
- Argentina sent drinkable water.
- Australia announced that it will double its aid program to Pakistan to $66.5 million in official development assistance in 2010–2011, as well as committing two C17 Globemaster aircraft to deliver emergency supplies and to assist relief efforts and deploying a medical task force consisting of up to 180 personnel and more than 33 tonnes of equipment.
- Austria donated €5.6 million to Pakistan.
- Azerbaijan gave US$2 million financial assistance to help the victims and eliminate the aftermath of the disaster. The Azerbaijani embassy in Pakistan said the Azerbaijani president, Ilham Aliyev ordered to send two Il-76 planes with a humanitarian assistance on board to Pakistan. One of the planes delivered 40 tonnes of humanitarian cargo to Pakistan. Also the staff of Azerbaijan embassy in Pakistan also transferred its two-days' salary worth around $2,000 to relief fund.
- Bahrain donated $6.9 million to Pakistan.
- Belarus donated blankets, tents, canned meat, water, and medicines, all worth around €200,000.
- Belgium donated €150,000 for the victims.
- Botswana donated US$103,040.
- Brazil donated US$0.7 million through World Food Programme or life-saving assistance to the affected.
- Canada announced that it would donate C$2 million worth of emergency aid. C$750,000 are expected to be donated to the ICRC for distribution of shelter-materials and water, sanitation and health-services, while the remainder goes to the WFP to provide much-needed food-assistance. On 14 August the Canadian government announced an additional C$32 million in aid. The Canadian government announced on 22 August that it will match, dollar-for-dollar, citizen donations made to registered charities between 2 August and 12 September, later extended to 3 October 2010. On 14 September, an additional $C7.5 million in relief aid was announced by the Canadian government.
- In September 2010, China had provided 320 million yuan (47.1 million USD) worth of humanitarian supplies to Pakistan in four batches with $200 million USD more aid promised by Premier Wen Jiabao. which will total 1.86 billion yuan (274 million USD). China initially announced that it would provide emergency aid worth 10 million yuan (approx. US$1.48 million) to help the flood-victims. The People's Liberation Army donated another 10 million yuan to Pakistan. The Chinese Red Cross also gave $50,000 USD in cash to Pakistan. The Chinese ambassador to Pakistan travelled to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and expressed his condolences to those affected by the tragedy. On 13 August, China announced further emergency humanitarian aid worth 50 million yuan (US$7.35 million) bringing the total official Chinese relief aid then to more than 70 million yuan (approx. US$10.3 million). A Chinese search and rescue team arrived in the southern Pakistani city of Thatta, Sindh Province, where heavy floods swept away hundreds of villages. The Chinese rescue team, consisting of more than 60 members, set up tents and field hospitals to provide medical services to flood victims. The Red Cross Society of China and some of China's local governments had also offered cash and material assistance to Pakistan. China announced another aid package of 200 million RMB on 6 September. Chinese ambassador in Pakistan Lui Jian said that the Chinese total contribution had reached 50 million dollars with another batch of $200 million promised by China's premier Wen Jiabao on 23 September. On 20 September, China dispatched 4 of its military helicopters to aid in the search and rescue to Pakistan, which is the first time China had ever dispatched military helicopters overseas to perform such duties. The helicopters also provided flood relief aid.
- Cyprus donated €131,062 to Pakistan.
- The Czech military have sent 24 flights with humanitarian aid.
- Denmark donated 63 million DKK (11 million euro) in relief efforts and another 130 million DKK (22 million euro) in further development aid.
- Egypt donated medicine, medical supplies and foodstuffs.
- Estonia donated 64,000 €.
- The European Union released €10 million to help Pakistan's flood victims on 11 August, as part of emergency aid to flood-stricken country. By 18 August, the EU had committed to spending €70 million (90 million dollars) on aid for victims of the floods.
- Finland government donated €1.2 million for humanitarian assistance to the flood victims. €600,000 were channelled through the World Health Organization, €400,000 through the UNHCR and €200,000 through Finn Church Aid.
- France donated 1.05 million € and 35 tonnes of emergency supplies, tarpaulins, tanks, blankets, jerry cans, kitchen sets, water purification tablets, 200 shelters and anti-cholera medicines.
- Georgia donated €100,000 in aid to Pakistan.
- Germany initially committed €1 million for the victims, which was further increased to €2 million on 6 August. On 12 August, Germany announced a €13 million aid package. On 13 August Germany increased its aid commitment by €10 million to now €25 million in direct help plus €43 million via contributions through international organisations with which it is associated. In addition there have been private donations to charities in the scale of €24 million up to 18 August. The Muslim community in Germany also donated generously for the victims of Pakistan floods.
- Greece donated €100,000.
- Hong Kong donated HK$ 3 million to World Vision for a relief project for flood victims in Pakistan.
- Hungary donated €50,000.
- Iceland contributed ISK 23 million (€190,000) to emergency aid in areas impacted by the monsoon floods in Pakistan.
- Indonesia The Government of Indonesia dispatched a cargo flight carrying humanitarian assistance of US$1million for the flood victims. The relief assistance which arrived at the Chaklala Air base by a charted cargo flight consisted of 15 tons of emergency supplies included 4.5 tons of ready to eat meals' packets, 3 tons of medicines, 5 tons of powdered milk for children, 4000 blankets and 4000 Sarongs.On behalf of the Government of the Republic of Indonesia the donation of the relief goods was handed over by the Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia H.E. Mr. Ishak Latuconsina to the State Minister for Information and Broadcasting Mr. Sumsam Ali Shah Bukhari at the Chaklala Air base on 7 August 2010.
- India, on 13 August, offered condolences and $5 million in financial aid. Pakistan accepted the offer on 20 August, a day after the meeting between Indian and Pakistani Prime Ministers. On 1 September 2010, India raised the aid amount to US$25 million. Nearly 400 Indian medical staff have been waiting for the Pakistan government's visa approval to help flood victims. India had also already supplied the first consignment of 25 truck-loads of potato to Pakistan.
- Iran had committed over 400 tonnes of relief goods; out of which 330 tonnes had already been delivered by the Iranian transport aircraft as of 24 August 2010. Iran also offered to set up field hospitals and community centres for flood victims in Pakistan. In response to the UN's appeal for help at New York, Iran committed US $10 million towards the flood relief. In addition to this fund, Imam Khomeini Relief Committee was directed to collect private donations from Iranians and donate it to Pakistani government. Iranian interior minister during a meeting with Pakistani interior minister informed the latter that Iran is the third largest donor nation in terms of delivered aid. Iran also assured Pakistan of its continued support and aid into the future. In order to better supply relief to flood victims, Iranian president Dr. Ahmadinejad would visit the flood hit areas of Pakistan. Iran also donated 50,000 tents and sent 500 doctors and nurses to help with ongoing international relief operation. Iran started to send an additional 1,100 tonnes of relief goods to Pakistan on 5 September 2010 as part of its ongoing relief operation. Iran is also setting up 15 relief and medical camps in every Pakistani province each capable of holding 1,000 families. On 12 September 2010, Iran allocated an additional US $100 million for Pakistan flood relief. 51% of all relief distributed by International red crescent in Pakistan had been donated by Iran. Iran announced on 8 November 2010 that in addition to 5,300 tonnes of aid cargo shipped by Iran to Pakistan, the Iranian hajj pilgrims will donate money and the 103,000 slaughtered sheep of Iranian pilgrims to Pakistan.
- An initial €200,000 was donated by the government of the Republic of Ireland. An additional €550,000 was added on 9 August 2010. Then the total was €960,000. The Irish media were critical of the country's government for providing less than half the aid it donated to Haiti after the earthquake there. €1.19 million was added on 19 August, bringing the total at that stage to €2 million, the total given to the Haiti disaster.Minister for Overseas DevelopmentPeter Power, TD, said at the time that more aid would be forthcoming from Ireland and that the country had provided a "proportionally greater" amount than "most other European countries". The Irish public had provided an additional sum of more than €2.5 million by 20 August. Ireland proved to be the most generous European country in donating aid to Pakistan.
- Israel offered aid to Pakistan, but the officials said they have not received an answer from Pakistan on whether or not the aid should be forwarded.
- Italy provided €1.33 million, including a humanitarian aid flight carrying emergency supplies such as medicines, generators, water purifiers and containers.
- Japan provided $230,000 USD for emergency relief goods, while additional assistance of up to $3 million USD was committed for the disaster aftermath.In a press release, Japan announced to extend the aid to 14.4 million USD (approx. 1.22 billion JPY) in total, in the form of the provision of emergency relief goods, as well as food, water, sanitation etc. Japan is also expected to send a unit of six helicopters and some 300 SDF Troops