Family is a social group of people in the society having one, two or more than two parents and their children. Each family member commit to each other to their mutual relationship.
Essay on My Family
Family is the most important need of everyone in this world to be secure and go ahead. There are many essential roles of family in the life. Students may get assigned to write essay on My Family topic in their school during exam or any competition. We have provided here variety of My Family essay under different words limit according to the student’s need of various classes.
My Family Essay 1 (100 words)
Family is a group of two, three or more persons living together in one home. Family can be small nuclear, big nuclear or joint family types according to the number of members in the family. Family relationships can be because of the variety of connections like blood, marriage, adoption, etc among members of the family. A new comer baby requires positive family relationships for his/her overall development and well-being in the society. Healthy family relationships help in promoting good habits, cultures and traditions in the children. A family plays great role in preparing the new generation child for whole life in the community. A healthy family is the need of everyone especially child and old people.
My Family Essay 2 (150 words)
A person without family is not complete in this world because family is an integral part of all of us. Human beings are considered as the social animals living in group called as family. Family plays many important roles throughout the life. A family can be small family, small nuclear, big nuclear or joint family. There are many relationships in the family such as grandparents, parents, wife, husband, brother, sister, cousin, uncle, aunt, etc. A positive family provides lots of benefits to its all members where everyone shares equal responsibilities within the family. Every member of the family emotionally attaches to each other in their happiness and sadness. They help each other in their bad times which give the feeling of security. A family provides love, warmth and security to its all members throughout the life which makes it a complete family. A good and healthy family makes a good society and ultimately a good society involves in making a good country.
My Family Essay 3 (200 words)
My Family is a small nuclear family which belongs to a middle class family. My family contains four members, a father, a mother, me and a small sister. Like other Indian families, we are not a big family. We live in Ghaziabad, India however my grandparents live in countryside. Together with my grandparents, my family becomes a small joint family. My family is a complete, positive and happy family gives me and my sister lots of love, warmth and security. I feel so happy in my family as it care me and fulfill my all the needs. A happy family provides following benefits to its members:
- Family makes a man grow and develop into a complete human being.
- It provides security and a lovely environment which helps us to share our happiness and problems.
- It makes a man social and intellectual.
- Person living in family is happier than a person living alone.
- It provides security from the outside conflicts.
- A family provides happy, active, quick learner, smart and better new generations to the society and country.
- A family makes a person emotionally and physically powerful, honest, and confident.
My Family Essay 4 (250 words)
My family is a big joint family however a happy family. My whole family live in Varanasi. My family includes various members like grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, uncle, aunt, cousins. My joint family contains three big nuclear family in which a common grandparents and three parents with their many children. There are many advantages and disadvantages of the joint family which I have mentioned below.
Here are some advantages of the joint family:
- It provides a better pattern of living which highly contributes to the proper growth.
- Joint family follows principles of equitable economy and teaches quality discipline to respect and share burden of other members.
- Members of joint family have the understanding of mutual adjustment.
- In a big joint family, children gets happy environment and same age group friends forever thus new generation of the family goes better in the study, sports and other activities without any hesitation.
- Children developing in the joint family develop the feeling of camaraderie means become more sociable and free from any discrimination.
- Members of the joint family become responsible and disciplined as well as everyone follow the orders of head of the family.
There are some disadvantages too of the joint family which are mentioned below:
- Sometimes because of the lack of proper rules in the joint family, some members live as parasites and become habitual of feeding on other’s income. They start exploiting other good and innocent members of the family.
- In some cases, high status and money earning members of the joint family generally insult low status or low money earning members.
- Sometimes, members earning more money give higher and good study to their kids in the costly schools however never share the burden of study of kids of low income members so there may be feeling of discrimination among children of joint family.
- There is a big chance of separation in the joint families because of imbalance of feelings of generosity, brotherly love, and feeling of oneness.
My Family Essay 5 (300 words)
A small family having one set of parents with two children is called as small nuclear family. A family having one set of parents with three or more children is called as big nuclear family. A family having many set of parents with their children is called as joint family. My family type is a big nuclear family having six members, mother, father, two brothers and two sisters. I live with my family and be very happy. People in the family become very caring and give proper guidance from time to time. My grandparents live in the village in their home where we go in our summer vacations and enjoy a lot. Both, my grandfather and grandmother care me and my brother, sisters a lot. They generally tell us nice stories in the night which we really enjoy. We enjoy every moment with them and catch the moments into my mobile.
My parents love and care to my grandparents very much and always take care of their needs. They give lots of needed things to them whenever we go to village. My parents talk to my grandparents with mobile almost every day. I am so lucky and feel very happy to have such lovely and careful members in my family. I really miss my grandparents when I get returned to my home.
My mom is very sweet and love and care us a lot. She always gives us tasty breakfast and lunch every day. She cares a lot to my father and he too. She tells us about all the Indian culture and traditions in order to pass to next generation. We happily celebrate every festival with my grandparents in the village and give nice gifts to each other. We live an advanced lifestyle in the city however really enjoys a countryside lifestyle in the village. Both, my mom and dad help us all in doing home work. We enjoy a nice get together in the evening at dinner table and spend some time with each other in the ground.
My Family Essay 6 (400 words)
My Family is the lovely family of the world and an important unit of the society. A small or a big family become of great importance to its members and considered as the strongest unit of the society because various families together make a nice society. A family becomes first school to the children where they receive all the cultures, traditions and most importantly the basic values of life. A family plays great roles in teaching good manners and habits to the new comers in the family. It helps in nourishing a better character person in the society. I am really feeling my good fortunate to be born in a small nice family where I learnt everything in the early childhood.
Actually, I belong to the middle class family having six members (mother, father, grandparents, me and my younger sister). Every one of us follows the orders of my grandfather because he is the head of the family. We really respect and enjoy his commanding position in the family. He is the great person because he had performed various adventurous activities in his time. He always thinks about our wellness and takes right decision for us. His decision becomes final in all the family matters. He sits on the front chair on the dining table. He takes our class in the early morning and evening to teach us Indian cultures and traditions. He is a very cool personality and friendly person of the family however everyone of us do not have dare to go against him. He is very effective person and wins everyone’s heart through nice talk. He is very old however helps us in doing our home works because he was teacher. He teaches us about the tools of success in the life such as discipline, punctuality, cleanliness, moral, hard work and continuity.
My grandmother is also a nice woman and tells us nice stories every night. My father is a principal of the school and like discipline very much. He is very punctual, sincere and hardworking in nature. He teaches us also that when you eat time, time will really eat you one day so never waste time and use it in positive ways. My mom is a sweet and very simple housewife. She cares every member of the family and makes a happy environment in the family every day. She gives special care to the grandparents and kids as well as always helps poor and needy people in the society. We have always been taught from our childhood to love and respect elders and help needy people on the way. My sweet small family is really full of love, care, peace, prosperity, and discipline.
This short article attempts to explain the meaning, advantages and disadvantages (drawbacks) of a small family.
What is a Small Family? A small family (also nuclear family) is a family group made up only of close relatives. Usually, this family includes parents and their children, and no one else.
The small family is sometimes called the ‘nuclear family’ because it is concentrated around a small, central nucleus.
Advantages of the small family.
1. Real knowledge of each other. When there are only a few people in the family, you really get to know and trust each other.
2. Strong support network. A tight knit family group can be one of the smallest support networks out there.
3. Fewer costs. Smaller families mean fewer mouths to feed, and lower food, water and fuel bills.
4. Feeling unique. If you are a member of a small family, you may feel more of a unique individual.
5. Clear alliances. There are clear alliances in a small nuclear family.
Disadvantages of the small family.
1. Feeling isolated. If you are an only child, you may wish you had more siblings and cousins around to play with.
2. Need for other perspectives. Your nuclear family may have a certain view of life which would be made richer if other people were around to give a different point of view.
3. Pressure. When you are an only child, you may feel under pressure to do certain things they like joining a university or doing a certain job. When you have many siblings, there is less individual pressure on you.
4. Increased financial burden. The entire cost of the family rests upon one earning member. However, in case of an extended family, the expenses are met from the common pool.
Conclusion. Nuclear families can be very supportive, just make sure to manage your finances and sort out disagreements!
Category: BlogTagged With: Family System