Security assessment summary by designated official conducting a security assessment of an employee, director or officer
PDF version (68KB)(Alternative formats and plug-ins)
Name of registered person (company name):
Name of the designated official:
Name of individual being assessed:
Summary of assessment (include what was done to complete the assessment and your findings)
Matrix risk level (check one)
Determination of designated official regarding the risk of unauthorized transfer (check one)
As required by sections 13 and 15 of the Controlled Goods Regulations.
- Denial of access to controlled goods
I, the undersigned, have reviewed the information provided by the individual being security assessed and based on an evaluation of this information, I have determined that the person named above, poses a risk of unauthorized transfer of a controlled good to a person who is not registered or exempt from registration. Therefore, access to controlled goods is denied.
- Authorization to access controlled goods
I, the undersigned, have reviewed the information provided by the individual being security assessed and based on an evaluation of this information, I have determined that the person named above is honest, reliable and trustworthy and does not pose a risk of transferring a controlled good to a person who is not registered or exempt from registration. Therefore, access to controlled goods is authorized.
Describe the extent of examination, possession or transfer authorized (full access or limitations)Footnote 2
Ensure that the individual is thoroughly briefed concerning his/her responsibility. This briefing shall precede permission to access to controlled goods.
Note: The assessment application must be verified. Personal references must be taken into account (i.e. verified).
- The designated official should summarize in writing the reference information that was obtained, the name of the person, phone number and date of conversation.
- The designated official must always be prepared to probe further to clarify answers.
- The designated official may communicate with Controlled Good Program for assistance if an individual has resided outside Canada within the five years preceding their security assessment and when more information concerning security is necessary.
Requirement to maintain records
The registered person must keep and maintain the most recent records of security assessments and supporting documentation in respect of each individual who examines, possesses or transfers controlled goods, during the period of the employment and for a period of two years after the day on which they cease to be an officer, director or employee.
Under the Privacy Act:
"Personal information under the control of a government institution shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be used by the institution except:
- for the purpose for which the information was obtained or compiled by the institution or for a use consistent with that purpose; or
- for a purpose for which the information may be disclosed to the institution under subsection 8(2). "
Under Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act:
"An organization is responsible for personal information in its possession or custody, including information that has been transferred to a third party for processing. The organization shall use contractual or other means to provide a comparable level of protection while the information is being processed by a third party." [Schedule 1, Section 5, Clause 4.1.3].
"Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information." [Schedule 1, Section 5, Clause 4.7 ].
Non-disclosure of information
Under the Defence Production Act (Section 30):
"No information with respect to an individual business that has been obtained under or by virtue of this Act shall be disclosed without the consent of the person carrying on that business, except:
- to a government department, or any person authorized by a government department, requiring the information for the purpose of the discharge of the functions of that department; or
- for the purposes of any prosecution for an offence under this Act or, with the consent of the Minister, for the purposes of any civil suit or other proceeding at law."
- Footnote 1
Place a copy of the recommendations from Controlled Goods Program on the security assessment file.
Return to footnote 1 referrer
- Footnote 2
Limitations—list the limitations that are imposed on the individual security assessed.
Return to first footnote 2 referrer
- Date modified:
Беккер почувствовал, как кровь отхлынула от его лица. - Куда. - В ее трахнутый Коннектикут. - Двухцветный снова хмыкнул. - Эдди места себе не находит.